Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Supermassive


On the suggestion of John Scalzi, I checked out the new Muse album Black Holes & Revelations. I've been listening to it none stop since I got it. It’s a lot different from what I've been listening to recently, which has been mostly Ben Folds and Jonathan Coulton. Its very prog rock, with a lot of synthesizers and driving beats. The lead singer's got a voice a lot like the lead singer of Radiohead, and Muse is definitely inspired by that band's work. But I'm finding myself liking Muse a lot more. More upbeat and even the depressing songs tend to have a good beat that you can dance to.


Embarrassingly, I'm finding myself dancing around Dimsey's room to the third track "Supermassive Black Hole."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home