Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

First Weekend back in the 'ville

I mentioned on Friday that I was going to be doing a lot of drinking this weekend. That was not an exaggeration.

Highlights:

- I actually managed to party until 4 AM on Friday. Considering I had been up since 7, this is even more of an accomplishment than it normally would be.

- Spent 45 minutes on Friday explaining why Isreal is invading Lebanon, why the entire region tends to dissolve into chaos on a fairly regular basis, and the history of wars and violence in the Middle East, which I'm proud to say went all the way back to the mid-1800's. I was pretty drunk at the time, so I either was brilliant or completely incomprehensible. The girl I was explaining it to looked impressed. Then again, she was drunk too.

- Kind of an anti-highlight: I went out on Saturday with Jackie and her friend, who I will call Tiffany, because that is her name. One thing I really don't like is indecisiveness, especially when I want to get drunk. Tiffany, for the life of her, could not make up her mind to decide where she wanted to go. Do we want to go downtown or midtown? After we got downtown, do we want to go to Stubbies? Whiskey Room? Bar One? After a while, I started making the decisions for her, because she obviously wasn't able to make them at the time. Once we actually sat down in Bar One and started pumping Red Bulls and assorted alcohols into Tiffany, she was a lot more fun. I think her shoes were really hurting her feet or something. Note to self: It’s a good thing not to wear heels.

- The discovery that Bar One on Saturdays has $15 all you can drink top shelf alcohol. And even better, we only paid for one of those things, and we all got free drinks. I predict on me being there a lot more often.

I also found that I'm getting into the single thing again. Meeting girls, talking to them, trying to impress them with my giant brain, getting shot down when they casually mention they already have a boyfriend. You know, the usual. But I had a lot of fun hanging out with different people. After a year of doing pretty much nothing but Phi Sig stuff, it’s good to suddenly remember that there are a bunch of other people who you're friends with, and they're just as excited to see you as you are to see them.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home