Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Its Four in the Morning...

The above is from a Leonard Cohen song. I thought it was appropriate.

Warning: This post will ramble and be loosely connected, at best.

I didn't think this was possible, but I think I'm getting too much sleep. The reason I'm blogging at 6 in the morning is that I woke up at 3 and haven't been able to go back to sleep. Was it because I went to bed at 10, and have been doing that for the last few nights? Is my body telling me to be more exhausted? All I know is that it is going to be a very, very long day. I may actually drink coffee. That's astounding for me.

You would think that sleeping in Dimsey's room would infect me with a bit of her sleeping sickness. That girl could sleep for 20 hours at a time, and she could do that every day. Usually, that kind of sleep pattern is associated with living in Africa and being bitten by Tsetse Flies. But no, I'm getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep a day, no matter how hard I try to get more. Quite often, I don't get my body.

Like yesterday. Yesterday, I was exhausted. I really had to reason to be. I slept well, I ate well, and I did nothing to warrant my exhaustion. But yet, by 9 o'clock, I was ready for bed. By 10, I was gone. What kind of rational explanation is there for that?

On a completely and utterly unrelated subject, I think I might bring up to my boss the possibility that I should be paid more. I know she's trying to hire a receptionist, but really, if I'm not receptionist, I have about 2/3rds of the work I do right now. Unless there are epic things in my job description that I'm not aware of, why not let me do both jobs. My plan: Offer to do both jobs for a pay increase. I get 12 bucks an hour, no benefits. The receptionist gets 10 bucks with benefits. Why don't I get 16, with benefits? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Now I just gotta get Jane to go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home