Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This and That

The First Part, in which our Protagonist delivers an Electronic Mail.

You have to love a workplace where you can send an email like this:

Re: An Important Message from Mr. Day

Our fearless leader requires Claritin, Sudafed, or Drugs of similar consistencies. If you have any of the above, please report immediately to David's office for application. All other may continue to cower in fear.

Thanks,
Matt "Minion" McKenzie


The Second Part, in which the flabbiness of our Hero is discussed.

I have not consistently exercised in nearly a year. The last time I really worked out was when I was rock climbing. But a combination of planning GET SLAM'D and Jess being busy put an end to that. I need something else to do.

The problem is that I find most kinds of working out incredibly boring. Running is dull, but even that is better gan going to the gym in that you are actually doing something. I can't wait for the school year to start again, so that I can at least have volleyball once or twice a week to keep me from getting any flabbier.

There are three things I require for an acceptable work-out. The first is use of your brain. Rock climbing was a type of physical problem solving. Volleyball has its strategy. The second criterion is that I'm not good at it. This is easy, as any physical activity is inherently difficult and incomprehensible to me. The third is that it must have a social component. Rock climbing requires two people, which makes it the perfect work-out. So if anyone knows of and wants to participate in anything that matches these criteria, let me know.

In the mean time, I think I might try out stadiums. Look for my death notice in the paper next week.

Part the Third, where even more of the Hero's inadequacies are discussed, but sternly defended by the Hero.

I've noticed that many of my posts are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. I usually try to go back and correct the ones I find, but that's no guarantee of them all being gone. I wasn't concerned but after reading this from Neil Gaiman, I'm even less concerned:

[T]his is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

The Final Part, where the Hero's inherent nerd qualities are brought to light, and mocked roundly.

I've had an urge lately to get back into Dungeons and Dragons. I started playing in college, and now that most of my nights are free (since I can't really go out), I think I might give it a try. Of course, the problem becomes trying to find a group of gamers who will let a relative newb in like me. I'll see what I can scrounge up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home