Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This is what happens when you're bored at work


The following is an email conversation between me and Mel, a secretary here at work:

*********
Mel,

Just letting you know that I’m going to take an extended lunch tomorrow, as I have a dermalogist appointment at around 1:20. I don’t think it will take till three like it says in my calendar, that’s a ‘just in case’ thing. I’m not taking a lunch today to make up for it.

Matt
*********
No.

Thank you,
Mel
*********
Ummmm…

Yes.

Sincerely,
Matt McKenzie
Office Bitch
Office of Technology Licensing
**********
Does not compute. Please try again.

Thank you,
Mel
**********
OK, let me see if I can explain this in words that even you can understand:

I have acne. I want it gone, because I want a girlfriend (also on the to-do list: lose weight, talk to girls). To do this, I must go see a dermatologist. I have an appointment at 1:20 tomorrow. You may be forced to watch the phones longer than usual. Get over it.

Love,
Matt
**********




Thank you,



Mel

**********

I hate you. Just thought you might like to know that.

Hugs and Kisses,
Matt

**********

Heh. I win.

Heartfelt Regards,

Mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home