Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Its on now, or Work is done. Now the work begins.

Friday, July 27th, 2007: My last day at the Office of Technology Licensing.

The job's been good to me, but it was time to move on. If I didn't, I would have had to sign a lease for another year, and work the job for one more year. I couldn't do that. It time to find out what I want to do with my life, for better or worse.

As I walked out of Walker Hall for the last time as an employee, I had mixed feelings. I was happy, as while I liked the people at the office, the job itself was nothing to write home about. But I was also very nervous. Because now everything is on me. I have no fallback position now. Its all on me.

If I want to do this Navy thing, I have to buckle down and actually work. And work hard. I have to work out twice a day. I have to eat right. I have to study for the Navy Acceptance test. I need to contact all my former employers (this will be done on Monday, for the most part). I must go talk to the recruiter in Jacksonville. I need to email Lt. Anderson about meeting with him. I need to decrease my fat and increase my muscle mass. I need to memorize things like the 'Duties of a Sentry' and such.

This is scary in many ways. I don't think I've ever been in this position before. I have always had a lesser choice to fall back on. Not now. This is it. I have to make this work. And while I'm confident that I can do what I need to do in order to make this happen, there's still that doubt that lives in my stomach, telling me I can't do it. I guess its time to prove myself wrong. If I can do this, nothing else will be able to stop me ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home