Gainesville Ramblings

This is a blog, and thus it barely qualifies as writing, let alone formal writing, so I'd not let it bother you.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

News Flash: Stadiums are Hard

Two items of interest:

Got a promotion of sorts. Instead of being "Office Floater/Bitch," I'm now "Office Floater/Bitch/Receptionist." Take that bitches. No pay increase, but I do get benefits now. In the conversation that led to me being promoted, my boss asked if I had any problems with the office. My response was "I'm going to regret saying this, but I'd actually like more work." That got a surprised look.

Second: I did what I promised to last week. I did a stadium. I've heard the Swamp was a quick way to die from exhaustion, but I never expected it to be that bad. I got up two sets of steps on the Alumni side before my legs refused to be lifted anymore. But it was actually kind of fun. I had Beatles going on my CD player; the weather was a perfect temperature with a nice breeze blowing. I think I'll go again tomorrow; maybe I'll get a bit better.

Edit: I forgot to mention: one of the side benefits of getting this promotion is that office I've been working on is now offically mine. I'm 21 years old, and I have a fucking office. Plus, its a nicer room than many in the office has, as it has a nice big window. How cool is that?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home